Hello everyone! I'm excited to announce our second Charity Sewathon! This is our way of giving back to those in need, the type of projects will range from month to month. The first month we did stacked coins, the second we are doing these "wonky" blocks, the third may be something completely different (I have to keep you on your toes somehow)!
The kits are all cut and ready to go, we have a variety of fabric for both boys and girls. If you would like to bring some of your stash to make a charity quilt, the more the better!
It's a very easy pattern, really great for beginners and just plain fun for everyone. The finished size is approximately 31" x 46" making it perfect for a little guy/girl to bring with them where ever they go!
We quilted this one with a loose swirl design, one of my favorite basic designs.
So here are the details I know you have been waiting for me to finally get to:
- We have a Charity Sewathon the Third Wednesday of every month, so put in on your calendar now to remind you!
The sewing hours are from 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm and the evening session beginning at 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm (of course you can come and sew for as short as you would like, we're not going to tie you down until it's time to go!)
- Use our kits or bring your own fabric, this quilt requires 6 different colors 10" x WOF (width of fabric). Yep - that's all this quilt takes, just a little more than a yard and a half of fabric!
- Rotary cutter and ruler if you have one, saves you from waiting in line.
- Sewing machine if you have one. Otherwise you may get volunteered to do cutting and pressing (which is actually quite fun on this project)!
- The quilts will go to a variety of places, orphanages, children's hospitals or areas affected by natural disasters. Don't fret, we will post the completed quilts along with their final destinations so you can see who your quilt brings great joy to.
We hope you can join us and look forward to helping those in need.
* Update - Here's a link for the Wonky Block tutorial!