Posted on January 11, 2014 by Jenn Thurston | 4 comments
I have something exciting to share, we are having a block of the month! I have been admiring a pattern that I found on the wonderful world of Pinterest. It might have caught your eye as well... It's called Houses by Johanna Masko. I'm also excited to say that we are the only store in the US that carries the pattern (she's located in Canada).
Here is what Block 1 looks like, it was so much fun to make!
Here are the details:
- Finished quilt will measure 22" x 34"
- Block of the month will take 11 months to complete
- Begins in February 2014
- If you choose to purchase our kit, each block with be $5.00 per month and ready for pick at our store the last Saturday of every month
- First block will be available Saturday February 22nd for pick up in our store.
- At the first block pick up, there will be a demonstration on paper piecing for all interested participants
- Pattern is $15.00
- Participate in our monthly drawing by bringing in your finished block made from our kit and get your name entered in a drawing
- Drawings will be monthly, winners announced the following month
Here is a sneak peak of what the first row will look like, since it was just a test I made it into a pillow!
We hope you join us for our block of the month!
There are limited spaces so make sure to sign up here or call give us a call at (704)266-6445
Posted in block of the month, paper pieced, scrappy
Posted on June 28, 2012 by Jenn Thurston | 0 comments
I have been diligently finishing up some UFO's and I ran across my first paper pieced block I did. I had made so many mistakes with it, let's just call it a learning experience. Because of all my mistakes I wasn't really sure what to do with it, so I thought it would make a really cute pillow.
The fabric is Bespoken by Art Gallery. The softest, silkiest fabric - a pure pleasure to work with!
So while I wasn't completely pleased with how my one block turned out, I am quite happy with the way my new pillow turned out! If you haven't paper pieced before, my one tip to you would be don't be skimpy with the fabric. If the piece you think you need is 2" x 2", just cut 3" x 3" to be sure. Do a little google search to read some of the tips and tricks out there to come up with the perfect paper pieced block, you're bound to come up with at least one perfect block (or in my case semi-perfect block).
Posted in art gallery, bespoken, paper pieced, pillow
Subscribe to our newsletter and always be the first to hear about what is happening.